Salmon is one of the most versatile fish when it comes to cooking. Whether it is nigiri or sashimi or Finnish Salmon Soup (Lohikeitto), you can never go wrong with salmon. You do not have to season salmon heavily since it has its own flavor.
Recently, I made some baked salmon which was extremely easy to make.
- 1lb of Atlantic Salmon
- Place the raw fish skin-side down on a baking tray.
- Add salt and pepper. Save the tarragon for seasoning later
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the fish inside the oven when the oven reaches that temperature.
- Bake for about 22 minutes and apply the first layer of honey.
- Bake for another 13 minutes or until the salmon is almost cooked.
- Add the tarragon to taste and a second layer of honey.
- Bake for another 5 more minutes.
For sides, you can serve it with steamed vegetables and potatoes. I served it with mashed potatoes